Posted by Brothers All Natural on Feb 27th 2017
1. (To insure that your chocolate is shiny, with a good snap and no white spots, you'll need to temper it. The following steps are one quick way to do that.)
2. Melt about 3/4 of the chocolate (12 ounces) in microwave stirring at 15-30 second intervals until thoroughly melted. Ideally you want the mixture at about 115 degrees. Add the remaining chopped chocolate into the bowl of warm melted chocolate and stir until the pieces are melted and the chocolate mixture is smooth. The addition of the unmelted chocolate should bring the temperature down. You want to get it to 81 degrees. Finally, put the chocolate back into the microwave and heat at 10-15 second intervals, stirring after each until the temperature reaches 88-90 degrees F.
3. Spread the melted chocolate on a parchment lined baking sheet to desired thickness. Top with strawberries.
4. Place the white chocolate and shortening in a small bowl and heat in the microwave stirring every 15 seconds until melted and smooth. If it seems too thick, add a bit more shortening.
5. Place melted white chocolate into a plastic Ziploc bag, cut off the tip and drizzle over bark.
6. Chill until set then break into pieces.
*Why go through all the tempering of the chocolate? It will insure your bark is shiny and snaps when it sets up. If your chocolate doesn't set up well or has a white haze, it hasn't been tempered properly. You can try to skip taking any temperatures and just go with melting the first 3/4 of chocolate thoroughly and then adding the chunks of the remaining chocolate, stirring until it's completely melted.
The Merchant Baker
Food Network Magazine, Jan/Feb 2015 Issue
Warm and gooey apple cinnamon rolls made with freeze-dried Fuji Apple Crisps and a light icing drizzle This recipe uses Brothers All Natural freeze-dried Fuji apple crisps and prepared items that you may already have in your refrigerator and pantry; saving time and a trip to the store! Quick and Easy Apple Cinnamon Rolls [...]
Enjoy delicious corn and shrimp fritters! Mmm good! Ingredients Re-Hydrate Corn: Place freeze dried corn in a baking dish, cover with boiling water and let sit for approx 15 minutes, then strain. 1 1/2 cups Harvester Farms [...]
Enjoy a delicious, healthy Apple Crisp Crumble! Mmm good! Ingredients 5 cups Fuji Apple Crisps (re-hydrated) 3/4 cup Brown Sugar 3 cups Boiling Water 3/4 cup Quick Oats 3 tbsp. Tap Water 1 tsp. Cinnamon 5 tbsp. Flour 5 tbsp. Butter Directions: Preheat oven to 350 F Re-Hydrate Apples: Place freeze dried apples in [...]
Enjoy a delicious, healthy APPLE PIE smoothie! Mmm good! Ingredients Directions 1 bag (1/2 cup) Fuji Apple Crisps Combine all ingredients in blender [...]
RECIPE: Homemade Strawberry and Banana Fruit Crisps Granola Ingredients: 1 cup Oats 10 g Strawberry Banana Fruit Crisps (slightly crushed) ¼ cup Almonds 1/3 cup Honey 1 pinch Salt Preparation: Step 1 Preheat oven to 275 degrees F Step 2 In a small mixing bowl, combine oats, slightly crushed Strawberry and Banana Fruit Crisps, Almonds, Honey, and Salt. Step 3 Spray a baking pan with non-stick spray (or use a [...]
RECIPE: Easy Banana Nut Muffins Easy Banana Nut Muffins Ingredients: 3 cups – Gold Medal Variety Muffin Mix 2 cups – Brothers All Natural Freeze-Dried Banana Fruit Crisps 1 cup – water 1/3 cup – chopped walnuts Directions: Preheat oven to 350° and line muffin pan with 8 liners.Mix all ingredients together, completely fill liners, and bake for 30 minutes. Drizzle with icing or powdered sugar and [...]
achos can certainly be a crowd-pleaser, but the average nacho platter contains over 350 calories per serving (a serving is about 6-8 chips). When you think of nachos as commonly being served as the pre-meal appetizer, these excess calories can really add up. So why not put a healthy spin on the standard nacho? Sweeten your nachos up by making [...]
hen you grill these chops, the brown sugar marinade will caramelize on the pork chops, leaving you a rich glaze. The combination of the brown sugar, peach barbecue sauce and a hint of ginger will leave your family impressed and hungry for more. Brown Sugar Pork Chops with Peach Barbecue Sauce Dietary [...]
Looking to serve your guests a little flavor of Southern hospitality this summer? Try this fantastic (and easy to make) peach sorbet. They’re sure to be impressed and you’ll still have time to be the perfect host or hostess. Allergy Safe Peach Sorbet Dietary Gluten Free, Vegan, Vegetarian Meal [...]
All prices are in USD